Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Survival

Things have been rough over here. Luke has got a cough which is always makes me nervous because of his asthma. Jordan has it too, but it seems to be getting better. And, Brent has just recovered from two days of food poisoning. I start to get that sinking feeling and then am pulled up by those around me. I try not to brag about my kids, but there are times when it is allowed I think. So here are some bright spots in the storm...

The other night when Jordan is coughing and crying and Brent is throwing up (I am at the end of my rope), Tate comes to the rescue, without being asked, by getting Jordan a bottle of water, setting up his Elmo DVD, getting Brent a glass of water and towels and asking me how else he can help.

Last week as Luke knew I was anxious about the scans and chemotherapy, he gave me 75 cents from his money to buy a snack from the vending machine at the hospital.

Sitara has stopped the mystery writing and has received great reports from friends who watched her while we were at the hospital. She looked at the mess in the living room the other night and said, "Hey Mom, don't worry about that mess, I'll clean it up for you in the morning."

Jordan is so sweet. Even when he is feeling yucky, he reaches over in bed and hugs me, spits out his binky and says ummm mah and kisses me.

And our friends...
Pretending their kids aren't sick and bringing my kids to school (without theirs) so I wouldn't insist on driving.

Taking Sitara on her school field trip.

Bringing me coffee from Starbucks

Doing my grocery shopping

And that is just this week. Thank you for sustaining us.

He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom, And gently lead those who are with young. Isaiah 40:11.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you two, Becky and Brent.... We read your reports and quickly go to prayer for you and your children. What great tales about the others being so helpful. Remember, is there is anyway you and yours can break away for a couple of days to Chelan that the house is yours. Much love to you, Maggie and Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky and Brent, We are in Palm Desert, but still thinking of you so much. Our computer doesn't work too well, but we read your message on Maggie and Phil's. We wish the best for Jordan and feel badly for all your family. I know your Mom wishes she was home. Also, Becky, you shouldn't have sent a thank you note for our little gift. We just want you all to have lots of courage.

We love you, Susan and Steve