Sunday, November 16, 2008

Only Sadness

I have tried to come up with something to write for the last couple weeks, but am without words, only sadness. As many of you know, Ben's cancer has returned and it has been very aggressive and is now incurable. Jordan's friend Jenna and her family also received news that her cancer has returned. They are without treatment options, as well. We are heartsick and devastated for them both. These days seem so clouded with pain and fear. Please pray for some peace for these families. It is beyond difficult as they are called to make the best of their time with their children, yet suffering so deeply.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you ALL! I am so sorry.

Big Hugs,
Andria

Anonymous said...

There are no comforting words at a time like this just Prayers and more Prayers.

Louise Cooley

Anonymous said...

our prayers to you and those little ones to give each of you strength and mercy...

Anonymous said...

I love you Becky and I am praying for you! We are also praying for Ben and Jenna's families. Call when you feel up to it.

Kristina Busby

Anonymous said...

You took the words right out of my mouth... there are none. So much sadness and pain... where does it end. I try to fill my mind with "well" kids to somehow counter balance those struggling through such dark times. I am thankful we count Jordan in that bunch, heart broken to hear about Ben and Jenna. I'm so sick of this I could just scream. I want cancer-land to just go away, to spare the kids, the families who cannot seem to escape. We truly keep them all in our hearts and prayers. Continuing to be thankful for those who have been spared, trying to be hopeful for those struggling... oh, just to have something, anything to say to them... God, please give us all strength.

Paula & Gary Yost

Unknown said...

I continue to claim healing for Jordan, Ben, myself and all others. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His will is NOT for us to be sick.
My continued love and prayers are with you all.
Mama Rel