Sunday, October 28, 2007

1:30

Ok well I made it to church. I didn't think I would but we actually got there almost in time. The last couple of weeks have been very difficult for me. Nothing has seemed to lift me from my despair. I want to have faith and peace, but no matter how hard I try I cannot reconcile watching my baby suffer and the love of God. It angers me that this life makes so little sense these days. I have felt paralyzed. As I got home I realized the analogy of the paralyzed man in the bible. His friends carry him to Jesus. That is what church was like for me this morning. My friends and church family carried me. Wayne prayed a touching prayer for Ben and Jordan, so many came up to encourage me, congratulate me for making it there, tell me I looked nice (can you believe it after no sleep?) and slip checks in my kid's pockets to give to me later. I looked around the church body today and saw many who I know have suffered in similar ways and have survived. They have been here for us in our trial. It gave me some hope. A drink of cool water in the desert for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach, I have been in continuous prayer for you and your son this last week. I want to keep in touch get in touch with you, but I just broke my phone. Keep checking your yahoo email. I'll see you soon.

Joe

Anonymous said...

I think it is enough to just be carried. At least I hope so.

Love you,
Carin

Anonymous said...

A well written portrait of the Body of Christ at work. It makes me happy to know that you were surrounded by so much love this morning despite being appropriately exhausted. We're continuing to life you up. May you rest well as the Body carries you...for as long as needed. We're not going anywhere.

Love you guys,

Katy, Scott, Tobey and Tyler K

Unknown said...

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

My brother in Christ, Brent, when we recited these verses in Africa gazing at the might of the Great Rift Valley, I must admit I did not have inkling of the power and the depth of their riches. But as I trend the path of Faith, the power in these words surges forth sometimes in tears and at times with boldness untold. They are a great resource to my walk. Words encouraged into my heart as a result of an otherwise insignificant encounter in an insignificant corner of the world. I now pray these words into your life, not as vague discourse to camouflage your current pain but as springs of living water to enthuse your spirit into God’s ultimate purpose.

If our physical bodies can endure 3 kms of uphill run in the hope of a pineapple reward, how much more should our inner man be enthused by the truth that our momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all (2 Cor 4:17).