Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Rough Night

People always ask these days, "How was Jordan's night?" That is such a relative question, but here is how last night went.

7:30 Change catheter bag, give Jordan a bath, draw up all his medicines and give them, set up feeding tube, and lay down in bed with Jordan.

8:30 Jordan is still awake so Brent lays down with him and they both fall asleep.

8:30-11:30 Jordan tossing and turning

11:30 I come in and Jordan insists I sleep with him. He tosses some more and I realize the feeding tube is wrapped around his neck. I thread it through his shirt.

1:00 Jordan waking up with bladder pain (he currently has urinary tract infection). Brent comes in. We give more medicine. Brent lays down with him and I go to the couch.
Fitful sleeping till 4:00.

4:00 I come in and Brent and I switch. I give more medicine. I realize the feeding tube is now disconnected and there is formula all over the bed. Jordan watches two rounds of Veggie Tales and one round of the Wiggles and is wide awake now feeling energetic. He is so wiggly now the feeding tube is wrapped around his leg and pulling down at his neck. I fix it.

6:00 Brent and I switch again.

6:30 Jordan has some breakfast and dumps his juice on the floor.

7:45 I come out and Brent goes back to bed exhausted.

8:00 Jordan, somehow full of energy goes full throttle into his new pastimes, dumping, throwing things in the garbage, and flushing the toilet. He dumps out the Connect 4 game a few times, all the bandaids, and alcohol swabs, and got ahold of Sitara's bead project.

10:00 I am writing this. Brent is still asleep. We probably will not make it to church today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have tried to write several encouraging messages which i have ultimately deleted feeling completely incompetent to give you a single word of encouragement.

But something clicks inside of me...may be the very realisation of how weak(and scared) i am is the secret behind intercession...behind knowing that only God can sustain anyone through such an eventuality...behing knowing how much you(and others going through difficult situations) need continued intercession by us, weaker people, but not going through such a heavy challenge...

George,Liz and Leon-London