Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I occasionally think about Sitara's biological mother and know she must wonder how Sitara is doing. What is her family like? Is she loved? Is she being well cared for? One of the most difficult things about Jordan being sick is how I have had to turn over so much of my mother responsibilities to others. However, I have never once wondered whether they were being well cared for or loved, because I have had a star lineup of family and friends standing in for me. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing, nurturing, loving, fun, incredible group of women to do my job as mom for the last year and a half. They have done everything from driving them all over town to activities, countless overnighters, staying up with them when they are sick, feeding them, playing game after game with Sitara, tutoring, field trips, counseling, and loving them. I don't know what I would have done without them. It has been hard on our whole family, but Tate, Luke, and Sitara have thrived and I can only attribute that to our stand-in moms. So a huge "Happy Mother's Day" to my Mom, Cheryl, Julie, Liz, Amy, Maggie, Val, Jennie, Kate, and Kathleen. You are the best!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, Thank you for the tribute and the tulips too. Having your kids around has only been a tremendous blessing for our family. They are truly a tribute to the outstanding parenting you and Brent have managed to do in the midst of all you're doing. I hope YOU have a wonderful Mother's Day, and realize what an encouragement you are to us.
Love, Kate

Anonymous said...

Your kids are the best. I love them all so much and loved getting to know them even better before I moved. Can't wait for June 3rd.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for all of you.

Louise Cooley

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Liz says she's been logging all the hours she's been corralling your kiddos and when Jordan's treatment is all done she'll be billing you at $10 per kid per hour. BTW-- we're remodeling.

Your fan,

Brian