Monday, June 30, 2008

Song

We had our good friends the Coons to dinner tonight. Brian played a song he wrote about our experience with Jordan. It was absolutely beautiful. I really struggle to leave behind the whys and the fear and thank God for just today, but I'm learning that it is the only way to live.

One Day More
B. Coon 2008


Who does know just what tomorrow brings?
Sunny skies? Pouring rain?
I’ve been toiling in this God-forsaken storm.
Some things gained. Much more lost.

Do you believe in miracles?
I believe I need one now.
When all the planets line up single file.
Come what may I’ll try to find a way to pray:

I will thank you, my Lord, for one day more.
I will thank you, my Lord, for one day more. (2x)

How does God dole out his lucky charms?
Some will win. Others not.
One thing I ask you Lord is “Why? O, why? O, why?” Please, tell me why.

Yes, I believe in miracles
And I desperately need one now
So line up, planets, line up single file
Come what may I’ve got to find a way to pray:

I will thank you, my Lord, for one day more.
I will thank you, my Lord, for one day more. (2x)

Frozen by fear, for those I hold dear, white knuckles hold them near
Lord, you can give and, Lord, you can take away
So I will give thanks for this day

I will thank you, my Lord, for one day more.
I will thank you, my Lord, for one day more. (2x)





Still getting party pictures together. Will post them soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tears...It's so perfectly said - or sung.
Can't wait to see you guys. Seven days to go.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky and Brent,
Even though I haven't written we have been praying for Jordan and your family and checking your blog regularly since I heard about Jordan earlier this year. We praise God with you that Jordan is off treatment. And although as you said, your lives will never be the same - as our family well knows - we pray that God will continue to uphold you and give you peace as you adjust to life without treatment and we pray that you will continue to be used by Him to be a blessing to others.
Love, Elaine and Yogi Lowell

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful...
Spenglers

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, Camp Side-by-Side greetings from the Matteson family in Oregon! We have followed each and every update on your blog and are so happy that Jordan is doing so well.

Jordan's song is really cool. Any chance you could record it and bring it with you to Camp?

We all wish you a very joyful summer, and continue to pray for Jordan, your family, and cousin Ben.

Mark Matteson

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky and Brent,

That is a beautiful song and so "right on". Each day is a gift. I will thank you, my Lord, for one more day. "Thank You Brian"

We hope you are having a wonderful Summer.

With Love,
Dave, Linda, Andrew, & Jack