Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Extremes of Life

We are in Virginia Beach visiting my sister and brother-in-law and are having an amazing time. The extremes of life are really something. Yesterday while Jordan played on the beach enjoying his snacks, I swam with the dolphins. Really! I swam out and was 10 feet away from a mother and baby who played in circles around me. Can we really be here? 6 months ago Jordan couldn't eat anything and sat in a hospital bed with 9 tubes in him while we worried and agonized. Today we spent 5 hours basking in the sun enjoying the beach and family. I am extremely overjoyed to be here, but also am heavy hearted for those who are still in the opposite extreme. I'm not sure what to do with all that in my mind and heart except be thankful for today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all thankful for the good things that come your way and you so justly deserve. Give yourselves hugs.

Louise C

Anonymous said...

You say it well. Wow, dolphins! That is really something. Glad you are having a wonderful time.
God bless you!
Kristi Spengler

moe said...

Becky,

Wanted to invite you to the water slides Friday with some other mom's. The email got sent back to me.

Lisa