Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Surgery and Scans

I hope some of you could listen to that song. It is so beautiful and written and inspired by some of those closest to us during this whole ordeal. It captures my emotions completely. Jordan has a final surgery to correct some scarring coming up in 1 1/2 weeks as well as scans. I am trying to give thanks for each day but admit that I am losing many to fear lately with all that coming up. I keep telling myself that as best as anyone knows, Jordan no longer has cancer, and each day I give in to fear is a day I miss cherishing his sweet little life. It threatens to pull me under, though. I will have to find a way to give thanks for each day. It is the only way not to lose them to fear.

The surgery in Sept. 15th and the scans are Sept. 12th

3 comments:

Mack said...

I sure think Jordan looks like his grandpa (whose name is escaping me right now) - the grandpa that is Sheryl's husband. I will continue to pray for Jordan. Sheryl and her husband prayed for my daughter when she went to Mexico. Isn't that terrific that we can pray for each other?

Anonymous said...

Sept. 12 and 15 are in bold print on our prayer calendar. How we can relate to the "fear factor" but remember not to be afraid to trust an unknown situation to a known God. You're covered in love and prayer.

Hugs to all 6 of you. I just sent Mason Lake pictures. We love you, Julie and Ken

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray. I loved seeing Jordan in the rice room at church the other day. Such a simple thing, but after years of having to be in seclusion, I was just so happy to see him in there!
Praying for peace for all of you and clear scans!!!!!!!!!
Spengler's