Monday, November 5, 2007

more drama

Jordan picked up an additional blood infection as we continue to pass the chemo time away here at Children's. Presently, he has a mild fever and will have to clear the blood infection to go home. Thought we would be leaving in the morning, but will be here a day or two more-probably Wednesday or Thursday. Many have shared encouraging words, and when we feel like we don't have any more patience and endurance for this cancer "crap", it has been those visits, verses, emails, blogs, calls and cards that continue to pull us through. Seriously, we are sponging off this stuff simply in survival mode. A buddy called yesterday out of the blue requesting to come do my yard work. Whether or not the yard work gets done is not the point. This gets me fired up to know someone unrelated to my petty yard care issues wants to come share the burden! Another buddy came down to say hi and chatter about some of my earthly passions concerning football season, because he knew I needed some healthy and beneficial distraction from the brutal realities of our battle. Cousin Carin called just to check in, Jenny made dinner for the kids, Grandparents and others have been eyeballing the kids as well as making sure we are well fed, Dan gave me a sandwhich, Linda brought down a giftcard, Michelle offered a slice of her husband's birthday cheesecake, Carolyn blogged a power verse, Glen brought over a toy for Jordan, Kathleen brought Jordan a pair of Elmo slippers, Andrew came by to hang out with Jordan and some other cancer kids, Joe and Val hosted an overniter, Lisa dropped off a cafeteria debit card, and the list goes on... That is just a fraction of the blessings in the last day or two; not to mention all the prayers and considerate things I'll never see. It has nothing to do with the size or kind of charitable act, and everything to do with Jesus saying: "this is how I am taking care of you during your earthly struggle, and I am with you in the midst of the fiery furnace". I realize I'm sort of piggybacking off of Becky's comments last week about the Christian body taking care of the wounded, but it is well worth the affirmation. all our love and gratefulness, the busbys

"the joy of the LORD is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful!! This reminds me of this old time story: One night, my son, you had a dream. You dreamed you were walking along the beach with Me. Across the sky flashed scenes from your life. For each scene, you noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to you, and the other to Me. When the last scene of your life flashed before you, you looked back at the footprints in the sand. You noticed that many times along the path of your life there was only one set of footprints. You also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in your life. This bothered you, and you questioned Me about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." I replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Interesting how Jesus can divide himself up into different ‘people’ components…to carry us on!

George,Liz & Leon-London

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you guys tonight. In my Beth Moore bible study book she poses the question what do you do when everything around you is jack-hammered away leaving you only the ground underneath your two shoes to stand upon? Be still. Be still and know that He is God. I imagine your life right now to be a whirlwind of emotions, stresses, coordination of schedules and sheer exhaustion...then there's this jack-hammer named Cancer trying to take you down. My prayer for you is that while you're standing firm on the Rock, you'd be able to be still and feel God's strength, peace and love.

With lot's of love,

Katy Krippaehne