Monday, February 4, 2008

Round 2 Over

A nice young couple from church brought us dinner tonight. The kids couldn't stop commenting on how young they looked. I said, "Dad and I used to look young like that." In fact, until a year ago, people still thought I looked young. I think I've aged 10 years in the past one. However, Tate was nice enough to assure me saying, "You don't look old, Mom, you're just like an intermediate adult." I'll take it, I guess.

Jordan finished his second round of this new chemo today so we are 25% done. He didn't throw up nearly as much and managed to run laps around the clinic most days this week. Hoping for a peaceful week and a half until round 3.

Congratulations to Jordan's little friend Jenna finishing her last round of chemo this week! Please pray for Ben as he gets ready for his stem cell transplant on the 11th.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about.....I think you are still totally in the running for the cover of the "calendar" :). In fact when we saw you at the hospital, I thought you looked amazing. I would have gained about 50 lbs, and be in my PJ's all day.

Glad to hear he felt a bit better this time.

You guys are never far from our thoughts, and daily in our prayers!

Andria and John

Anonymous said...

hi, you guys don't know me- I'm one of Joes friends...I just wanted you to know that My family is praying for your family and for the Lord to heal you sweet little son Jordon...Isaiah 41:10, and Isaiah 43:2

Anonymous said...

Ditto - I was thinking you were looking great too!

Not that it's a comparison, really, but for awhile around when my twins were born (11 years ago this weekend!) I was looking pretty darn tired and frumpy. But it was a season, somewhat like what you're in. In another season, even tho you're older, you will no doubt be looking and feeling a lot more refreshed! Remember that Hawaii slogan....
:)
Ruth Rhodes

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for Ben and Jenna. Thanks for letting us know. There are so many little ones going through the same thing...it is just so hard to imagine.
I'm glad things are going better for Jordan right now. Thank you Jesus!!!!
On another note, my kids are always pushing my tummy and saying "what's that...are you having another baby??" Ugh. I say, "No, that is still baby fat from Elsa." They kind of shrug like, "What's that?" Anyways, I digress...you look great, Becky. I'm sure you are in a constant state of exhaustion, but you don't look it!!!!
Love,
Kristi Spengler

Anonymous said...

I check on your site daily to see if there are updates. So glad to hear that this round wasn't as brutal as the first. Thanks for the reminder about the 11th for Ben. We pray for both your families regularly but significant markers are good to know.

Refreshment and deep breaths are just around the corner. Hold on...the finish line is near!

We love you guys and will continue to be on our knees for you.

Love,

Katy K and crew

Anonymous said...

Our prayers and happy warm thoughts are with all of you, Holy Family Prayer Line and the Cawley Family