Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good Scans and the Eating Habits of a Stressed Out Cancer Mom

We had scans today. I have been so anxious about it, I couldn't talk or even write about it in the blog. Good results were anticipated, but there has been so much bad news in the past, I was very stressed.

Yesterday afternoon I spent some time online researching our family's new cancer prevention eating plan. I put out a vegetable and fruit platter for everyone and then I went running. Anxiety was closing in so I spent my run praying and yelling at stupid cancer. I got home and headed out to dinner with my friend who was also trying to distract herself from some stressful life events. We had Jak's steak sandwiches with french fries (not in the cancer prevention eating plan), then went shopping at University Village. Lucy's and Anthropology are good distractions for us. A restless night of sleep and then waking up with that feeling of really, really not wanting to do this day. I couldn't eat breakfast, my stomach was so upset. As we passed the drive through Starbucks, Jordan yelled, "Mom, fee (coffee)!," thinking I had missed the turn off, but I couldn't drink coffee either.

Jordan was a champ. We opted out for the anesthesia as I thought he could hold still for 5 minute scans, and he did great. He held very still and held his arms up in the perfect position. He was a pro for his exam and chemo too. And the great news is, the scans were clear. No cancer in sight. What a relief! Our celebration food is Kidd Valley, also not in the cancer prevention plan or the get fit regime , but Brent brought us back lunch anyways. On the way home, we stopped at Starbucks and Jordan said, "Mom, fee, Yeah!" I'm back to my vegetable platter this afternoon and we are praising God for our beautiful cancer free son.


**Another piece of good news is that Jordan's cousin Ben is home ahead of schedule and doing well. Thank you for including them in your prayers.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!!!! That is such great news. Tears! You cancer prevention diet sounds much like my attempts at dieting.....salad, running, ice cream. Oh well!

Andria

Kara said...

PRAISE GOD! Congratulations Jordan and the whole Busby family! We are so excited that you are nearly at the end of all of this! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! We echo all the hallejuahs resounding tonight!!
Liz Whitney

shannon said...

YEEE HAW!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you all. I love the "fee" for coffee. How cute is that.
Love,
Kristi Spengler

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! Scott and I are laughing and crying at the same time as I read him your blog posting. That is just the best news. And for what it's worth Becky, you are such a beautiful person and I'm always envious of your perfect legs when I'm around you. :-) Be kind to yourself...you've been through a lot.

Much love and hugs to you and the family!

Katy and Scott

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! Such great news!!

Kim Tritz

Anonymous said...

"the scans were clear"

cannot.stop.crying.

love you guys,
carin

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you all!!! Jordan, you are a superstar and one tough cookie. I can't wait to see you again this summer when we are back in town.
Love,
Ari and the rest of the Olsen clan

The Breeder said...

All teary out here.

Clear scans for Jordan and Ben at home.

Just about time I tell you!! Congrats.

Jeff Lincicome said...

woo hoo!

moe said...

I am so happy for all of you and we are rejoicing with the angels!

The Moe's

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!