Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A not very fun test

I tried this yesterday and it somehow didn't post...

Another day at Children's. Jordan had the test today
to look for the kidney blockage. It consisted of
accessing his port, giving him something through the
IV that could be seen by a scan. The scan part
consisted of strapping him to a table for one hour.
He absolutely hated it! Could it get any worse for a
13 month old. It was a low point for me. I finished
up the test time by smacking my head on the machine.
Jordan and I were both crying. Some days it is just
hard to be positive and optimistic. The urologist is
going to get back to us about the results tomorrow.
Thank you friends for encouraging Brent and I. Some
days it is only your faith that holds me up.


____________________________________________________________________________________
Any questions? Get answers on any topic at www.Answers.yahoo.com.

Try it now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear about all this. You can count on us for prayers not only from our little family, but also our 2,000 member family here in WI. I also have my MOPS group, bible study and every praying person I can tell your story to praying for you and I am amazed how many people follow-up to ask how you are all doing! What a great community of believers He has given all of us. Your BLOG is so helpful in knowing what to pray for and for seeing the daily miracles He provides. Lamentations 3:24. Jeff and Kristi Lincicome

Anonymous said...

Brent and Becky,

We continue to lift Jordan and your family up in our prayers and count ourselves as part of the incredible prayer chain that you have all around the world.
In our first couple weeks with Andrew's cancer we had some major setbacks and what seemed like devastating steps backwards before things finally started to progress in the right direction. We know how difficult and scary it is to watch your child go through that. Try not to get discouraged. I know your faith is strong. Keep believing and trusting in Him. These setbacks will pass, and better, brighter days will soon follow.
Thinking of you in Colorado,
Matt and Wendy

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the blog to know how to pray! Please know that our church family here in Gig Harbor, as well as our couples bible study, are praying fervantly for you all! Today I pray for strength for you, Becky. And John and I pray together that your and Brent's hearts will stay united through this. That the Lord will give you like minds and hearts. That you will know how to communicate and care for eachother. We love you guys - and are praising God in advance to better days to come!!! - Andria and John

Brent & Becky said...

Matt and Wendy,
Thank you for your encouragement. I know you have walked the road of suffering we are on and our hearts ache for you too. I have had your picture on our refridgerator since last Christmas to remind me to pray for Andrew and your family. What a strange twist of events that now you are praying for us. Maybe someday soon we can get together.
Becky