Sunday, January 28, 2007

Last Thursday

This one took me awhile to get to. Sometimes it is just too difficult to write about things. We went in for an appointment with the radiation doctor. Everyone was very nice, but it was really hard. We had kind of gotten to a point where we'd figured out the chemotherapy process, he's responded well, and in a way it didn't seem as frightening. But, the radiation appointment just threw it all back in my face...Your child has cancer and this is a very serious situation. When we walked out I just had an overwhelming sense of fear and dread. He will have to go in for 5 days a week for 5-6 weeks. He will be sedated everyday. It seems like it is hanging over my head and I can barely think about it. There is only strength for today.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you.
C, J and Ben