Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wanting Out

Jordan continues to feel better, but we still have to be here. I want to go home so bad I can barely stand it, but we are dealing with 8 tubes and 3 antibiotics as well as geting his system used to tube feeds again. Everytime one of the six medical teams (urology, surgery, oncology, pain service, interventional radiology and infectious disease) comes to see us I bombard them with questions about tubes,fluid levels, days on antibiotics, etc. I am on a mission to get at least one tube removed in the next 24 hours. I am afraid when we do go home, it is going to require full time nursing care from me, for which I think I deserve some sort of degree. Anyways, we're here just hanging out.

Please pray for Jordan's cousin Ben who arrives today for the surgery to remove his tumor. He should be just down the hall from us on the surgery floor.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Becky. I'm so sorry you are still in the hospital. We will pray for those yucky tubes to come out and strength for you as you try and figure out all the nursing skills you will do...you are going to get through this!!
Again, so bummed for you...Yes, we'll pray for Ben.
Love,
Kristi Spengler

Anonymous said...

More big prayerful hugs and healing thoughts, from the Holy Family Prayerline and the Cawley Family

Anonymous said...

Dear Brent & Becky.
You are in our thought and prayers daily. We miss you guys and wish we could visit you but we are all sick with colds right now. We will keep Ben in our prayers too.
Love,
The Medinas

Anonymous said...

I'll bring you a shovel tomorrow.
Shauna

Anonymous said...

Dear Becky,
I'm praying that God will give you the supernatural nursing "smarts" that you will need to bring Jordon out of this "tubular" condition and into a healthy existence. (teehee) We love you...praying always for strength and peace.

The Derke's

Anonymous said...

Oh and indeed, we will bring supplication before our King on behalf of Ben and a quick, speedy surgery with no complications. Glad he gets to be close to family.
Peggy Derke

Anonymous said...

Becky - you cou be a nurse! Or a project manager (today's deliverable is one tube, in your hand, not Jordan's body). I'm so glad Jordan is finally recovering. You've all been through so much (and have been in there such a ling time!).

I will pray for a tubeless baby Jordan and peaceful time at home for you.