Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back at Children's

Well we missed Saturday, but we hit every other day last week and Thursday twice. Jordan has a urinary tract infection. I am sick of writing bad news so I'm just going to brag about Jordan for today. He has amazingly more strength and energy than me. He is so sweet to all the caregivers here saying "Hi" and "Bye" to everyone he sees and always wanting to visit his favorite nurses. He willingly holds out his leg for blood pressures and loves to push the button on the thermometer. He is usually found running up and down the halls happy most of the time, even on chemo, even when he doesn't feel good. He loves to give me hugs and squeezes my shoulders over and over saying, "my Mom." He is an amazing little boy and while it breaks my heart that he is spending his childhood on the cancer ward I am so thankful and proud to be his mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude Jordan that sucks.
I will hopefully see you Tuesday!
Popcorn and juice in my room!

Lv, Ben

Anonymous said...

Okay, Becky, you made me cry. Good crying-- thinking about what a sweet, funny little trooper Jordanio is.

For everyone who reads these, I'll include some more of Jordan's skills:
1)He can drink out of a big-boy juice box.
2)He says "more please" in two languages.
3)He eats marshmallows really fast.
4)He can dance almost as well as Brent (and that's saying something).

Anonymous said...

He can also put down three chocolate chip cookies as big as my hand in one sitting! And, out-energize everyone and anyone that tries to keep up with him, chemo or not. And, he gives great hugs. I love my nephew!

Miss you guys. Wish I were there to watch a movie with Jordan and Ben.

Julie

Anonymous said...

You say Jordan has more strength than you, but we are blown away by your and Brent's strength with all you have endured this year! I pray that faced with the same battle, I would have the courage, faith and strength that you two have shown.
It was fun to hear your bragging about your sweet boy! You have much to be proud of with all 4 of your beautiful children! We will be praying for Jordan's surgery tomorrow.

Big hugs,
Andria and John