Sunday, September 16, 2007

we are weak, He is strong

new lows to speak of. "Give me a break!" type of mentality swirling in our camp. I'll spare the details, but the reality is we are looking for some wins. In my first year of wrestling at PLU, i was on a 7 or 8 match losing streak. I got discouraged and remember wanting to get a win so badly. After last night i feel like i am on that losing streak again. First night home from a week at Children's and Luke threw up all night long. I've now got the bug and feel like stenchy cow manure (please excuse the nasty description). Becky is running on empty, Sitara will celebrate her 6th b-day party without either of the parental units, and Jordan is still trying to put an end to his diarhea, not to mention the rainy day; etc. In the midst of all of it, I here God calling me to obedience and perseverance. Easier said than done...much easier. There is no way I can do it on my own strength. My consoling thought, that continues to drag me through these valleys, is that someone else out there somewhere is going through something equally as challenging or worse (and we've certainly met a few during these past 10 months). I guess all of this points to the joy set before us...heaven! I'm looking forward to better days, but all their is to count in the midst of this storm is "Paradise City". The love and prayers from everyone else has been an abundant provison that He has provided for "strength" in the "here and now". Jesus said: "my strength is made perfect in weakness" II Corinth. 12:9

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. I too long for heaven but for the here and now...it sucks. I'm so sorry you guys are in the valley right now but I have no doubt that God sees you where you're at and will bring you through. Cling to His strength and remember that so many are praying for you guys. Hang tough.

Love and Blessings,

The K's

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Brent! We love you and are constantly lifting you up in prayer. The joy of the lord is your strength.

Henner Krueger

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Jackie is going to be in town this weekend for the reunion. She and I would love to come up and see you guys. We were thinking Sat. afternoon.......does that sound OK to you? We would love to see you, but I also understand that it might not be a good time. I will call you in the next day or so and we can talk about it.


Brent,

Glad to see that you and Henner still keep in touch!

Andria

Unknown said...

2 Cor 4:16-18
‘…Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us as eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I am compelled in the spirit to testify: Though Jordan (down-flowing) may seem troubled in the physical, yet God is depositing awesome spiritual credits into his life, and around his life, that will manifest right before our eyes. From this Jordan will surge springs of living water, which will nourish millions and God will prove Himself as Jehovah - Rophe

We love you and our hearts will keep yarning for this vitory.

George, Liz and Leon Kinyanjui